Back to News
July IRDC Zoominar to Focus on Cybersecurity!
Hacker-driven headlines can make the bad guys sound unstoppable. If ransomware is taking down giant companies, what can a small organization do?
Take a deep breath and get ready for some good news: Hackers will move on to easier targets if they see that you’ve set up a few basic, inexpensive information security fixes.
In a presentation full of practical tips presented in plain English, an Iowa cybersecurity expert takes you inside the mind of cyber criminals and shows you the hackers’ playbook to explain how you can stop them.
You’ll get insights such as:
- How those codes texted to your phone can eliminate most breaches.
- Why remote workforces should change how you think about your data.
- How to train your staff to be frontline data defenders.
- Key employee account settings that can shut down hackers.
- Basic steps that could’ve stopped some of 2021’s most famous breaches.
- How preparing today will limit damage from a ransomware attack if it does happen to you.
Dave Nelson is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) with over 25 years of cybersecurity and technology experience. He is a Fellow with the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) and has led cybersecurity and technology organizations in both the public and private sector.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an invitation and Zoom link
Filed under: News